PV11 - Client
PV11Release date: 2011 - 2016 Publisher: Prismview LLC.
- Basic Overview
- System Requirements
The Display Tab
- Scheduling the Playlist - You can easily add any number of messages you want scheduled to play on your sign into the Play List. Simply drag and drop content from the Content Library into the blue area. Edit the Play List’s operating hours to change how long the Play List runs.
The Content Tab
- New Animation - Quickly edit images/videos and add text to fit your Electronic Message Center (EMC). Use the Import Graphic option to re-size images/videos to match your EMC’s aspect ratio. Add multiple layers of text for different fonts and colors in your message.
- Dynamic Image - For a more advanced and creative message, you can access information and content from the internet to display on your EMC. Display RSS feeds, web images, videos, and XML/HTML data such as weather forecast, stock quotes, and more.
The Schedule TabThere are four different schedule types in PV11.
- Combined - Combined Schedules group all the messages together, running one message after another. All messages have the same start and stop date and time.
- Uncombined - When you make a schedule uncombined, it means the messages inside that schedule are no longer grouped together. They still run, one message after another, but they each have individual start and stop dates and times.
- Combined + Cycle List - The Cycle List option is still a combined schedule, but they play individually, not one right after another.
- Combined + Exclusive - The Exclusive schedule will override all other schedules and become exclusive on the sign. The messages inside an Exclusive schedule all have the same start and stop dates, and will play one after another.
|1||Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10||Windows 7|
|2||Disk Space||500 MB||2GB|
|3||Display Resolution||800 x 600||1920 x 1080|
Still Image file formats:It is important that your media is sized correctly for your sign's aspect ratio. Digital displays use RGB images, at 72 DPI.
Animated/Video formats:Animated files or videos are larger file types than images. As such, we recommend you limit the length of an animation to under 1 min. PV11 can still run videos that are longer than that, but you may run into complications out at the sign if you have multiple videos. Recommended File size: under 50MB
- .avi (uncompressed)
- .gif - NOTE: use the webplay
How do I make a really simple message?
- It is really easy to make a simple text message for your sign using the New Animation Editor. You can add multiple frames, layered text, and use some simple transition animations.
How do I bring content into PV?
- Simply drag and drop properly sized and acceptable file formats (.jpg, .wmv) into the Content Library.
What is the Web Play play button?
- For people with high internet speeds, this button allows you to display internet images and videos on your sign.
What is Dynamic Data?
- Dynamic Data is a way of getting information off the internet and putting it on your LED sign/HDtv.
PV11 ManualDownload PV11 Client Manual
Just the Basics
Time & Temp
The Schedule Tab
Proof of Performance
To create a weather message using Prismview’s Weather Source follow the steps below. Open Prismview and choose the Content tab at the top and choose the Create Dynamic Image button. Enter the name for this message—such as “Weather” and click OK. On the left hand side of the Dynamic Data Editor click the ‘Add’ button […]
Live Billboard Example (for New Stanton, PA) Live HDTV Example Due to a change in our weather data provider, Prismview has now partnered with Dark Sky Forecasts to provide accurate, web-based weather data, multi-day forecasts, lunar cycles, and more. This new service is available for all current PV9 or PV11 users, as well as other interested […]
As of March 25, 2016 the Yahoo! Weather option is no longer functional due to changes in how Yahoo! Weather data is being offered. We recommend two options, either use the temp probe—if your sign is so equipped, or to use Prismview’s new weather option outlined here. To use the temp probe use the following […]
Let’s talk about bringing content into PV from an outside source like the internet or Photoshop. While you can use the PV editors to create content, many people use other programs to create their content and then bring it into PV for scheduling. When doing this, you must remember to make your content at the correct […]
PV is a powerful program capable of creating complicated content and detailed schedules. Most of these capabilities are turned off at installation so as to keep it simple at first. After you learn the basics you may want to expand and start utilizing some of the extra features of PV. (Keep in mind that most […]
These are really simple step-by-step instructions for creating a New Animation in PV. The New Animation Editor is capable of more, but we want to keep this simple so we have just added one frame with two layers of text. Follow these steps to create a really simple New Animation: Step 1: In PV click the Content […]
In addition to the Playlist under the Display Tab, PV also offers advanced Scheduling by using the Schedule Tab. PV has four different types of schedules. The Combined Schedule The Uncombined Schedule The Cycle List The Exclusive Schedule All the Schedules have start and stop dates and times. You can add any message from your […]
PV has Proof of Performance menus for sign owners and users to create a type of receipt of the sign’s use. These are used mainly for third party advertising, like the large billboards on the freeway, that have several advertisers on one board. The POP will create a receipt of the messages played from one client. […]
There are a couple of ways to schedule messages for your sign. The first and probably the easiest way is to use the Playlist under the Display tab. The Playlist will store as many messages as you want and will play them in the order you set. You can have multiples of the same message […]
PV11 uses the Dynamic Data Editor to create time and temp messages. The time is processed on the signs computer, the temperature is taken from a temperature probe, located at or near the signs location. If you do not have a temperature probe, but you have internet you can still put the current temperature using […]
Pv11 can add dynamic text for a countdown message. You can use the built-in background color option, or create a background image/animation using a third-party program (ex. Adobe After Effects or Photoshop) Follow these steps for a simple countdown message. Once you get a handle on how the feature works, you can customize your countdown […]